span style=”color: #003469; font-size: 14px;”>Like many people, you most likely have a plan and a routine for saving money for future life events – like vacations, celebrations, home improvements and even retirement. The habit of making regular “deposits” into this account can help you feel more at ease about your ability to enjoy the future and the fruits of your labor.
How often are you making “deposits” into your personal health and resilience account? Do you have the same habit of taking care of yourself now so you can have the health and energy to enjoy the very events you are saving money for? All it takes is one major health crisis to send you into financial challenge, with deductibles, co-pays, and medications. There are ways to fortify your overall health and resilience so you can enjoy the results of your saving habits. Here is a list of positive lifestyle factors that increase resilience, decrease stress, retard aging, and contribute to a “rich health account”.
- Happy marriage or satisfying long-term relationship
- Job satisfaction
- Feelings of personal happiness
- Ability to laugh easily
- Satisfactory sex life
- Ability to make and keep close friends
- Regular daily routine that includes movement, rest, good nutrition
- Regular work routine
- Taking at least one week’s vacation every year
- Feeling in control of personal life
- Ability to adapt to change
- Enjoyable leisure time, satisfying hobbies
- Ability to express feelings easily
- Optimistic about the future
- Feeling financially secure, living within means
How “rich and abundant” is your health account?